[swallows lit cigarette] it’s a metaphor
Don't expect much. Tell your mother I said hello.
So far… my new job feels like I’m not really supposed to do anything except be there for when other people can’t figure out their own shit. I just scroll through my feedly or tumblr most of the time.
Enjoying an awful litany of terrible thoughts on graduate school this frigid, blustery morning, including such specious favorites as:
- I’m nowhere near good enough for graduate school
- Is there really any point to graduate school
- Is graduate school just a technocrat factory, because sometimes in looking around I sure do get that feeling
- But in my field is there any possibility of job security without it
- Or is that just a substitute for lack of resourcefulness
- Uprooting and transplanting: disaster waiting to happen
- Would I be happier just opening a coffee shop
- Also I wish I were about 8 years younger
That technocrat bullet is on point though…